We have now discovered this problem with two of our client’s MacBook Airs and an iMac.
If your Apple computer is compatible with 5 GHz WiFi (you can check this here) then you may experience issues connecting to the 5G WiFi network on your BT Home Hub 4 or 5 we have discovered.
The only way we have found to solve this problem is to disable the 5G WiFi network in the BT Home Hub Control Panel and here is how …
- Log into your BT Home Hub by visiting http://192.168.1.254 with your web browser
- Click “Advanced Settings”
- Enter your BT Home Hub admin password and click “OK”
- Click “Continue to Advanced Settings”
- Click “Wireless”
- Click “5 GHz Wireless”
- Click “No” next to “Wireless network enable”
- Click “Apply”
This should temporarily solve the problem until a permanent fix is found by BT or Apple.